Comments are welcomed and encouraged on this site, but there are some instances where comments will be edited or deleted as follows:
- Comments deemed to be spam or solely promotional in nature will be deleted. Including a link to relevant content is permitted, but comments should be relevant to the post topic.
- Comments containing profanity and swearing are generally permitted, but will be removed if they break other aspects of this policy.
- Comments containing abusive, threatening, pornographic, offensive, misleading or libellous language will be deleted. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
- Comments that attack an individual directly will be deleted.
- Comments that harass other posters will be deleted. Please be respectful toward other contributors.
- Anonymous comments will be deleted. We only accept comments from posters who identify themselves.
We reserve the right to edit or delete any comments submitted to the blog without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time. If you have any questions about the commenting policy, please let us know at [email protected]. We are strong supporters of freedom of speech, which is something we regard as fundamental to both democracy and the FOSS community, but we take a stand against targeted hate speech and harassment of other users.
In the words of Mary J. Blige:
We got ya open, now ya floatin’
So you gots to dance for me
Don’t need no hateration
Holleration in this dancery